Thursday 4 September 2014

Zoo babies and a 'little' mistake...ooops!

Hello!
It's a new challenge at CAS-Colours and Sketches today, and we have a fun colour combo for you!

I don't make many kids' cards these days, so I thought I should change that...


I used the super cute Zoo Babies for my card...don't you just love this cheeky monkey, swinging in with a birthday wish?


I popped the sentiment onto a banner, but if I'm honest, it was to cover a big mistake...I stamped the sentiment upside down!! Part of me wanted to leave it like that as it was fun, but I decided to correct it. I pierced the edges for a bit of texture. I layered the stamped panel onto some Blackberry Bliss card.

That fabulous sentiment, by the way, is from a brilliant hostess set called Hello Love, which you can earn as one of your hostess gifts if you spend £150 or more! On top of that, you can earn this awesome new sentiment set when you spend £200!! 


If you would like to know more about hostess freebies, and how to earn them, please feel free to contact me...I am always happy to help!

Here is what I used for today's card...

5 comments:

  1. so sweet and gorgeous lizy.those animals are adorable ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use the orange for a giraffe! I don't do enough children's cards either but this looks like a whole lotta fun! Very CAS too. Thank you for doing an awesome job with my challenge this week
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute - I do love your monkey too. The times I've stamped a sentiment upside down too - it's so frustrating! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Very cute. I adore giraffes anyway lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out really cute, Lizy! I think your "oops" turned out to be a happy accident - having the sentiment on the banner makes it stand out more, and the pierced edges are a subtle way of drawing the eye toward it. Great recovery there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting. Please leave a comment so I know you've been...all comments are read and appreciated! Lizy x

My most popular posts